I have an idea. It’s quite a good one, and so somebody must have had this idea before. But here it is, anyway.
Before you are granted your provisional driving licence, you must have passed a cycling proficiency test: a cycling proficiency certificate would be a prerequisite for learning to drive.
This has a number of benefits.
1) Drivers will be more aware of other road users.
2) Cyclists will be more aware of other road users.
3) It helps to normalise cycling, with many more people riding bikes. This may encourage more people to use bikes even after they’ve passed their car test.
4) More business to bike manufacturers and repairers, and, of course, instructors.
5) More money to the government, for you’d have to pay for a cycling proficiency certificate, wouldn’t you?!